With so many of us working from home, we need more from our homes than a place to lay our head. We need one that makes us feel grounded and peaceful; confident on those zoom calls; inspired to put in a full day at our desks; and in 2021, one we can gleefully anticipate entertaining loved ones.
If you’re like most homeowners in Marin County, chances are good you’ve spent hours (…and hours) scanning Houzz and Instagram for inspiration, and ripped out countless pages of Elle Décor, Home Beautiful, Dwell and Veranda. You’ve looked at trending wall colors, furniture design, and emerging home technologies and more. Great! You are now wise enough to know you really don’t know what to do. To you, I have some advice – hire an interior designer. Here are just 8 great reasons to do just that:
1. Professional Perspective: Your designer can see your home in it’s entirety and will ensure each room flows gracefully from one to the next. They know which questions to ask to reveal your unique style and provide professional, unbiased perspectives you won't get from your spouse or BFF.
2. Access To The Best Contacts: They know the best architects and contractors, online and brick-and-mortar shops, and tradespeople for custom work.
3. Access To The Best Software: You’ll be amazed at the digital tools your designer has access to and can share with you.
4. Unique Ideas: Interior Designers come with a wealth of knowledge and offer original design and styling advice that you can’t find on Houzz, Pinterest or in any magazine. What’s more, you can be sure it’s designed to work specifically in your home.
For example, award winning interior designer Stacey Lapuk, ASID in Novato offers Biophilic Design, part of the emerging field of neuro-aesthetics which asserts that, by connecting nature to design, we can have a have measurably positive affect on our health, wellbeing and happiness. According to Lapuk, "Biophilic design principles illustrate that when specific patterns found in nature are incorporated into our built environments, we experience happiness! The levels of our stress hormone, cortisol, along with our blood pressure are lowered. Our serotonin levels, the “feel-good” hormone is increased. We feel more productive, and more creative." To most of us in Marin, this makes perfect sense!
5. Budgeting and Planning Expertise: If left to our own accord, we may not have the stamina nor the willpower to stay on course and under budget. We also don't know what products and services are even available. Interior designers have project management skills, and know where to splurge and where to save.
6. Save Money: By making the right decisions, you won't hire the wrong contractors and will avoid costly delays, including purchases that end in returns, and the need for re-dos. Plus, designers often get best deals!
7. Save Your Sanity: If the thought of managing contractors, furniture suppliers, painters and delivery schedules makes you anxious, especially if you have kids at home, you’ll want to hand these tasks to someone who can keep your home as peaceful as possible.
8. Increase The Value of Your Home or Rental: You may never sell your fabulous home, but rest assured, if you do, the market looks favorably on homes with that ‘wow!’ factor that only come from a professional design.
So whether you are looking for a kitchen remodel, have made a recent home purchase, or are finally ready to have your lived-in home express your own unique style, an interior designer can be the person to make it happen. And if you are looking for the beauty and space that only Marin can offer, I can help you find your new home! Contact me to get started - Tracy Curtis, Coldwell Banker Realty, firstname.lastname@example.org
#marinrealestate #tracycurtis #tracycurtisrealtor